This cropped, lightweight jacket from COMME DES GARCONS' robe de chambre line features a sheer body with panel line details, a single-button closure, and unfinished hem and some seams. It is fabricated in COMME DES GARCONS' signature boiled polyester fabric, in which polyester garments are first constructed and then washed at extreme heat to create a permanently shrunken, crumpled effect. Even details such as its iconic orange button are boiled during this process, causing the button to take on a warped, melted character.
- We think: the jacket will suit someone who likes the look of a few wrinkles (if you iron everything, including your underwear, you will find this jacket infuriating) but who wants to show off what they're wearing underneath as well.
- Era: 2002.
Composition: 100% polyester.
- Colour: black.
- Condition: good vintage, with some fraying to raw hem / seams (fabric is meant to do this).
- Size: M.
- Shoulder: 39 cm.
- Chest (armpit to armpit): 49.5 cm.
- Waist: 43.5 cm.
- Length (collar to hem): 48 cm.
- Sleeve length (shoulder to cuff): 64 cm.
- Cuff width: 14 cm.